Current stats, top sites, news items since the last newsletter, featured sites. It’s your semi-occasional update from the web.unc.edu team.
News Items from February and March
The UNC Theme is being used in some really amazing ways around the University. Two of my favorites from the past couple of months is the Papanikolas Group in chemistry and the Badminton Club. Here are two screenshots.
If you take a look at these sites you will see the theme being used for different page layouts, tables to show off content, footer widget areas, right sidebars, custom menus, and just about everything you can think of. These are great sites to check out if you are looking for things to do with your site. If they have it on their site, you can add it your site.
Top Ten Most Visited Sites in March
We did some statistical analysis of our traffic since we started the project in November or 2009 though now. Check out the graph of the growth on the site since we started. Remember that we had spring break during March and still had more visits and pageviews than February.
Here are the March statistics:
- Total Sites – 1,154
- Total Users – 2,091
- March Visits – 34,109
- March Page Views – 157,224
As always, the web.unc.edu is here to help in what ever way we can. Be sure to check out our getting help page. There you will find the following things:
- General Documentation – Anything and everything related to WordPress
- Carolina Theme – We have over 150 themes, but the default one and best one is the Carolina theme. Here you can find info and tutorials for getting the most out of this theme
- FAQ – The most common questions we see.
- Training Videos – Here is a link to full length training classes, and short 5 minutes just in time tutorials.
- Submit a Help Request – Tried to find your answer but still stumped? Or need to do something that only we can do?