As the semester is coming to a close, we thought we would share an update on all of the great things that have been happening at web.unc.edu! Enjoy the latest newsletter from the web.unc.edu team.
News & Documentation
|The New Events Calendar Plugin||WordPress Smileys|
|Create a Final Project||iWeb Sites Cannot Be Uploaded to Web.unc.edu|
|TinyMCE Advanced Plugin||Guidelines for Themes and Plugins|
|What Anchors are and How to Use Them|
Due to the growing popularity with web.unc.edu, we have updated our servers to help maintain high performance during peak user times, and have several other upgrades planned for this summer. Although the update adds stability and performance, there are no major changes to the user-side and will not effect the way users work in through their dashboard. Thanks to everyone for their patience in our transition.
Spotlight: New Sites
The development of web.unc.edu wouldn’t be possible without the participation of UNC programs, classes, professors, departments, and individuals (aka you all!). The following are examples of some recent sites created on here. Check them out and see if there is anything you can take away and add to your own site!
Program Site Example: http://summer.unc.edu
Miscellaneous Example: http://evecarsonscholarship.unc.edu/
Below is an overview of different statistics about visitors since the last newsletter (October 4th, 2011).
Overall, since we have started we have had 1,346,917 visits and 4,310,260 pageviews. Thank you all for your support and for making these statistics possible!
As always, the web.unc.edu team is here to help in what ever way we can. Be sure to check out our getting help page. There you will find the following things:
- General Documentation – Anything and everything related to WordPress
- Carolina Theme – We have over 150 themes, but the default one and best one is the Carolina theme. Here you can find info and tutorials for getting the most out of this theme
- FAQ – The most common questions we see.
- Training Videos - Here is a link to full length training classes, and short 5 minutes just in time tutorials.
- Submit a Help Request – Tried to find your answer but still stumped? Or need to do something that only we can do?