PLANNED NETWORK SHUTDOWN DURING EARLY MORNING HOURS ON OCT. 18 AND 19
Network connectivity to all ITS systems, applications and services will be unavailable in the early morning hours of Oct. 18 and 19 due to a planned shutdown of the ITS data centers. This critical maintenance project is necessary to replace network routers that are at the end of their serviceable lives.
This complete shutdown of network connectivity will take place:
- Thursday, Oct. 18, 6:30am to 7:30am
- Friday, Oct. 19, 5:30am to 7:00am
Users should expect many, if not all, services to be interrupted both mornings. Among these services are:
- Exchange (email)
- ConnectCarolina (Campus Solutions for faculty, staff and students)
- Research Computing systems
- HR systems, including HRIS and EPAWeb
- Finance systems, including ePro, TouchNet, InDEPTh, Check Request, Web Travel, and Web Vendor
- All University websites
- And other systems
Thursday’s outage will have less impact, limited primarily to Exchange (email) and some administrative applications. The overwhelming majority of, if not all, services will be impacted during the Friday morning window.
This will not directly impact departmental hosted systems in these data centers, which are on different routers, but will have an indirect impact to the extent these systems depend on ITS services.
If you have any questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 919-962-HELP. Visit https://status.its.unc.edu to track the current operational state of ITS services.