I was helping a department in the college set up a custom search directory and recorded the steps I took in case anyone else would like to do something simliar. Here are the videos (about 25 minutes total)
- Create a custom post type and any custom taxonomies you need using wp-types.
- Create custom fields for your taxonomy type.
- Create a custom view for your custom post type.
- Create a custom view for the archive, or a table listing for the directory.
- Hide un-needed items using adminimize and set up better search using relevanssi.
As a reminder, you can post any questions you have on the support forums. I’d love to see how you are using wp-types and wp-views on your own sites as well!