Linking pages or post links is now easier than ever thanks to the “Link Page To” plugin! This plugin links a WordPress page or post link to a URL of your choosing, instead of its WordPress page or post URL. This plugin will also redirect people who go to the old (or “normal”) URL to the new one you’ve chosen. Why is this plugin useful? The ”Link Page to Plugin” facilitates setting up navigational links to non-WordPress sections of your site or to off-site resources. Here’s how you can activate it on your site:
1) Click on “Plugins” on your dashboard menu.
2) Activate “Page Links To” to plugin.
3) Now that the plugin is activated, open a page/post that you’ve already created or create a new one. Towards the bottom of the page you’ll notice a menu titled “Page Links To”. Select “An Alternate URL” option and type in the URL you’d like the page/post to link to. Enjoy! (Make sure to also inclue “http://”)
Things you should be aware of:
- If you’d like to use the page as a “dummy container” and not have it link anywhere simply type in a “#” instead of an URL.
- You cannot use this plugin to repoint categories to an arbitrary URL.
- You can link to relative URLs such as “/my-photos.php” and is a good idea in the event that you move your page to another domain.