Gravity forms is a form making plugin available for use through web.unc.edu. It has quite a few options that allow you to use it to do a variety of things including contact forms, registration forms, applications, surveys and more!
- Activate the Gravity Forms Plugin. If you do not know how to activate a plugin, please follow these instructions.
- A new tab on your Dashboard will appear titled “Forms”. Select the “Forms” tab.
- New form: select this to create a new form
- Entries: where you can view prior entries for different forms
- Settings: the information here is not something that will require editing, most of the settings you will wish to edit will be available when you are creating or editing a form
- Import/Export: this function allows you to import/export form entries and forms
- Updates: not applicable
- Add-ons: not applicable
- Help: not applicable, if you have questions please post to our support forum.
- To embed a form, create a new form and select a page/post where you want it to go. Edit that page/post and select the “Add Form” icon below your page title and above the Toolbox.
- Select a Form, specify what you want displayed, and click “Insert Form”.
- Update your page/post and a form will now appear on your site.
These forms have some unique features such as:
- Customizable Email Submissions to Administrators and Submitters. You can specify email fields in the form that can be used in the emails.
- Database backup and export.
- Ability to allow folks to submit content that will be directly added to posts on the page.
- Multiple Page Forms